Friday, February 6, 2009

Livin' on EmmaTime

My li'l punkin' has finagled her way into staying home from school today, citing a bad case of the sniffles. What does that mean for my work day? HA! What work day?

I had originally scheduled two important appointments and planned on attacking several big To-Dos. However, when I got "The Call" from Emma's teacher yesterday afternoon informing me that Em seemed under the weather, I knew it meant only one thing. My Friday magically morphed into Her Friday.

Needless to say, a list revision was required. I rescheduled the two appointments -- yet again -- and pared down my To-Dos to include only the essentials. There are now four things on the list, two of which are a phone call and an email. God willing, I'll get one of them done.

It is nearly impossible to work when Emma is home, because she thinks it's FREE day! It's time to spend with Mom talking or playing!! When I push back on her, gently telling her that Mommy still needs to work, she looks at me like Christina Crawford must have looked at her Mommie Dearest after the wire hanger "incident".

As I write this blog, Emma is laying right behind me, reading her Rosa Parks biography for her upcoming book report. She is somewhat appeased since she can still be in Mom's vicinity. If I'm lucky, I'll finish my tasks before she finishes her book, and everyone will be peaceful and happy. (Although it's difficult to concentrate when she informs me of her progress by announcing, "Look, Mama! I'm on page 166 out of 188!" after every friggin' page.)



Actually, I don't mind having to forego my workday in favor of a Momday. This week has been a very productive one for me, and, frankly, I deserve to chillax a little bit. Once we both finish our respective duties, there's a very good chance that we'll be watching Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost or Willa Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I think the best medicine my daughter needs right now is a heaping dose of of movies and Mom-cuddles.

It will do me some good too.

*********************************************************************************

For your consideration and/or comment:

What was your favorite thing to do when you were home sick?

*********************************************************************************

Visit www.TheresaRose.net to receive your Daily Dose of Mojo!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Dot-Com said...

So did you get any of your tasks done? A day at home can be good for the soul sometimes. Sick kid or not :-)