Tuesday, December 2, 2008

No 'More' For Me, Thanks

In the wee hours this morning, I woke to the sound of mental jackhammers reminding me of how much more I need to do.

On the book promotion front, I have to email more follow-ups to bookstores, record more videos, write more blogs, send out more press releases, add more MySpace and Facebook friends, Twitter more, enter more calendar events onto my web site, plan more workshops and speaking engagements, write more Daily Doses, record more CDs, and much, much more.

On the home front, I have to do more cleaning, organizing, putting away of stray items who have lost their homes yet again, laundering, shopping, decluttering, rearranging, and much, much more.

On the personal front, I have to practice my piano more, do yoga more, dance more, make healthier meals more often, meditate more, reconnect with friends and family more regularly, take more bubble baths, and much, much more.

I'm being 'Mored' to death.

The cure for my self-inflicted malaise is to remind myself over and over that I am fully satisfied with my life exactly as it is -- RIGHT NOW. I am fully satisfied with the progression of Opening the Kimono. I am fully satisfied with my home life. I am fully satisfied with myself and everything I do. I am content: no ifs, ands, buts, or mores.

Sometimes my self-talk works, and sometimes I wake up with jackhammers. All I can do is keep on truckin', frequently reminding myself of the perfection of life as-is.

Maybe if I just remind myself more often...

No comments: