Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Deja Vu

This morning I woke up to a dozen emails in my Inbox from bookstores requesting review copies of Opening the Kimono. After affixing my "Autographed by the Author" gold stickers and signing my standard blessing on the inside front covers, I lovingly put each one in its hand-addressed bubble mailer and drove to the post office to send them on their way. I have dreamed of this morning many times, and it has finally arrived in physical form.

When I was in the throes of writing Kimono, I would often spend my break time dreaming of signing, sealing, and delivering my award-winning completed memoir. I would use my favorite beautiful writing instrument to scrawl my desired signature, "I honor you! Blessings, Theresa") in every book. I would imagine a foot-high stack of cushy envelopes sitting in the passenger seat next to me. I planned how I would use the Automated Postage Center at the local post office to avoid the long lines. Of course, at this point in the fantasy my ego would kick in and I would imagine what it would be like to receive "fan letters" -- now known as reader appreciation emails -- on a regular basis. Wow. What a trippy thing it is when one's dreams start to unfold. For REAL.

I have taken this moment in between bubble mailers to blog about this extraordinary realization. I want to formally give a shout-out to the Universe on how very grateful I am. I know I have something to do with my book's success -- writing a great book and charging the crap out of it through my meditations and energy work -- but I also know that Spirit is the Bandleader. It is the one who is truly sending out the Opening the Kimono juju to the world. Without Spirit leading the way, none of this would be happening.

One of my spiritual teachers, Anodea Judith, taught her students one way to communicate to Spirit about manifestation and gratitude. She says, "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I deserve this. Send me more!" I couldn't agree more. Spirit, thank you, thank you, thank you! I deserve this. Send me more! (Wouldn't it be cool if at the exact moment I typed that last line, the little ding on MacDaddy went off, indicating another request coming in? Alas, sometimes life isn't quite as theatrically orchestrated as I would like. Forgive me; my high school Drama Club tendencies are resurfacing.)

As I review my list of bookstores that are interested in or already carrying Opening the Kimono, I notice that the book has reached an "International" audience with three shops in Canada! Right here in the good ol' US of A, I have requests from Virginia, Massachusetts, Indiana, Maryland, North Carolina, Utah, Texas, California, Michigan, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Oregon, Nevada, Washington, and my own Sunshine State of Florida. This is so surreal! My book has officially gone nationwide.

Just like I saw it in my dreams.

Keep 'em comin'...

No comments: