Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Getting My Priorities Straight

It’s Christmas Eve and I’m most likely writing the last blog entry for 2008. I must admit; I’m conflicted.

Ever since I started blogging regularly, I have begun to look forward to my morning write. I finish my post-breakfast puttering in the kitchen, make a cup of Yogi Detox Tea, and start up the iPod (my ‘Chillax’ playlist, to be precise). After staring into space for what seems like an eternity, inspiration hits me and I start click-click-clicking away. After I’ve typed what’s in my head (or my heart), I read through it really quickly in an attempt to catch any glaring mistakes. Once my latest creation is uploaded, a sense of tasty satiety envelops me. Mmmmm….writing. I love it so.

Today, however, marks the start of my temporary hiatus from the blogosphere. I have a little girl who is plaintively eyeing her mother, desperately wanting her to put away MacDaddy and play with her instead. She wants to hoop, play backgammon or Monopoly, do contact yoga, have pretend spa day, or any other activity that a 7-year old girl deems acceptable. Trust me, watching Mommy blog ain’t one of ‘em.

So, it is with a mildly heavy heart that I say adieu for the next few weeks so I can do that thing which is most important in my life: spending time with my incredible family.

Blessings for a joyous, prosperous, and loving holiday season with those special people in your life! I’ll miss you, and I look forward to providing you much more sassy inspiration in ‘09!

No comments: