Monday, March 23, 2009

I Love You, Paul Rudd

I have got a serious thing for dorky dudes.

This weekend, my hubby Michael and I were without child -- our seven-year old daughter was visiting her adopted grandma/my BFF Jean FOR THREE DAYS! It was delicious. Yes, I love that li'l peanut of mine, but it was very nice to have some unadulterated quality time with the Spousal Unit. I need not say how some of the time was spent (nudge nudge, wink wink), but some of it was also spent doing our second favorite pastime: seeing movies.

We saw two flicks, I Love You, Man with Paul Rudd and Jason Segel, and Duplicity with Clive Owen and some chick. Oh right, Julia Roberts. We enjoyed both movies very much, but I must tell you that it brought into sharp focus my penchant for geeks.

Paul Rudd is simply the cutest thing on the planet. I adore the way he us utterly fearless in his comedy -- that guy will do absolutely ANYTHING for a laugh. He combines vulnerability with courage; sappiness with sexiness; junior high bathroom humor with touching romance. Throughout the entire move I wistfully stared at Paul with a school-girl grin plastered on my face, fantasizing what it would be like to be with The Goofball Prince.

Of course, Clive Owen is nothing to sneeze at. That man IS The Incredible Hunk. Describing Clive as cute is a gross understatement: it's like calling The Eiffel Tower pretty. Ummm, yeah, he's cute. He's also debonair, exotic, masculine, charming, and built like a brick sh#thouse. Needless to say, it was not unpleasant to see Clive drop his towel and crawl into bed naked with What's Her Name.

But, you know what? I'd take Paul over Clive any day of the week.

Call me crazy, but there's something incredibly sexy about a funny, self-deprecating guy. When one of them stutters and stammers, boldly throws himself into an embarrassing situation, and emerges with messed-up hair and an impish grin, my legs grow weak. I get all tingly-wingly inside. My fantasies of nerd fornication begin.

My list of favorite adorable goofs is long and varied, but here are the top ten in no particular order: Paul Rudd, Jason Segel, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Steve Carell, Vince Vaughn, Jim Carrey, Owen Wilson, Will Ferrell, and Seann William Scott. George Clooney is an Honorable Mention, but he is just too damn gorgeous to be included in the same category with these guys. Running into any of these men in person would make my life.

However, there is one dorky dude that tops the list: the one and only Michael Rose. My hubby has got the killer one-two combo: Humor and Hotness. He does this kooky dance to the Comedy Central promo that makes me practically pee my pants whenever I see him do it, and I've seen it dozens of times. Some of comedy bits that he did when we were dating fourteen years ago still make me giggle. I have spit liquid out of my nose from nutty things he has done. The guy is friggin' hilarious.

(Plus, he's as cute as Clive. At least he is to me...)

****************************************************

For your consideration and/or comment:

Who is your favorite dorky dude?


***************************************************

Visit www.TheresaRose.net to receive your Daily Dose of Mojo!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: